The award, named in his honor, celebrates the extraordinary contributions of an outstanding leader of the Association.
Jean Claude "JC" Chalouhi is the Superintendent of the English Modern School in Doha, Qatar. He oversees a group of schools (English Modern School) in an around Doha, starting with the flagship school first accredited by NEASC in 2015. Since then he was among the first brave volunteers to conduct an ACE visit, using the all new protocol at the time.
In recognition of a NEASC volunteer whose exemplary leadership performance strengthened the Association.
John Clements is Principal of Nipmuc Regional High School. Regarded as an educational leader throughout New England, John has served NEASC in several leadership capacities. His commitment to the development of the new Standards for Accreditation has ensured that the NEASC brand continues to be recognized as the gold standard representing integrity and quality.
In recognition and appreciation of the quiet contributions, the achievements both acclaimed and unknown, and the personal sacrifices made for the benefit of all.
Joe DeMartino has had a long and distinguished career in education. Joe DiMartino is founder and president of the Center for Secondary School Redesign. Under his leadership, CSSR has become a leading provider of groundbreaking technical assistance to support both policy change and change leadership at the district and school level – leading to a richer secondary school experience for all youth
To honor individuals who have demonstrated their commitment to promoting high quality education for all students through consistent and generous involvement as a volunteer with NEASC.
2020 NEASC Service Award Recipients:
- Paul Smith, Superintendent, Easthampton Public Schools, Easthampton, CT, USA
- Robert Baldwin, Superintendent, Fairhaven Public Schools, Fairhaven, Massachusetts, USA
- Barbara Murray, NEASC Commission on Public Schools, Public Member, Massachusetts, USA
- Shawn Lambert, Assistant Superintendent, Brunswick Public Schools, Brunswick, Maine, USA
- Linda Van Wagenen, Retired Educator, Middlebury, Connecticut, USA
- Stephen Wilkins, Head of School, The Carroll School, Lincoln, Massachusetts, USA
- Matthew Hicks, Head of School, Shaker Road School, Concord, New Hampshire, USA
- Kathleen Molner, Retired Principal, Assumption School, Ansonia, Connecticut, USA
- Deborah O’Neil, Principal, St. Burnadette School, Northborough, Massachusetts, USA
- John King, Retired Head of School, Hebron Academy, Hebron, Maine, USA
- David Soler, Retired Educator, Bristol, Connecticut, USA
- Stephen Brookes, Retired Educator, Brisbane, Australia